Sunday, January 11, 2009

Farewell to the Pie Hole


This pear pie with Gruyere crumble was inspired by the TV show Pushing Daisies. Although the show was brilliant and received 12 Emmy nominations, declining viewership led to its cancellation. *sigh*

This is the pie that the character Charlotte Charles makes for her cheese loving aunts, the Darling Mermaid Darlings, who are depressed because Charlotte is dead, and they don't know that the Ned the pie maker has brought her back to life.

Charlotte puts "herbal mood enhancers" in her pie to try to help her aunts out of their depression. My version of the pie is just seasoned with love, though I am experimenting with lust and malevolence as additives in my baking.


The recipe is here. Just substitute Gruyere for the cheddar! I used overripe Bosc pears and they worked very well.

1 Comments:

Blogger norahs1213 said...

When you get the pies with lust and/or malevolence, save me a slice!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home