Sunday, May 04, 2008

Hope Quotes

I have a thing for quotes. I'm not sure what the deal is. . .I know it sounds kinda lame. I realized that a lot of quotes I've been adding to my collection lately have been about hope. So, here is a hope themed sampling from my quote collection.

"I can endure my own despair, but not another's hope."

~William Walsh

"To eat bread without hope is still slowly to starve to death."

~Pearl S. Buck

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them."

~ Louisa May Alcott

"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."

~Emily Dickinson

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man."

~Friedrich Nietzsche

"Hope is a state of mind, not of the world. Hope, in this deep and powerful sense, is not the same as joy that things are going well, or willingness to invest in enterprises that are obviously heading for success, but rather an ability to work for something because it is good."

~Vaclav Havel

"Act in the direction of hope."

~Pastor Lynn Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home