Thursday, April 24, 2008



I only had to work a half day today! Neener Neener!

It sure is funny to think that 2 months ago we were having ice storms and today I am wearing a sleeveless dress. I don't mind warmer weather but I'd prefer it not get any warmer than this. . .and it's only APRIL!

I totally meant to make an earth day post on Tuesday, and talk about how I wish I could plant a tree in my yard to celebrate, but seeing as I've already got SIX trees, there isn't a whole lot of room leftover. I guess I could plant another tree behind my garage, but if I ever do plant a tree I'd like to maybe have a fruit tree, and since I dunno if I will live in this house long enough to see it bear fruit, it almost seems kind of silly. I have a nice variety of trees already though, I've got the redbud, two tulip poplars, two maples (I think) and a sassafras. It would be neat to have an evergreen tree someday, and maybe a ginko! Any of you have a favorite kind of tree?

Happy Belated Earth Day :)

4 Comments:

Blogger J-Dog said...

are you secretly harboring a poodle?

OMG!!! YOU DON'T MAKE ME ENTER THE RANDOM LETTER SECURITY CODE IN ORDER TO POST A COMMENT... AWESOME!!! I shall comment on your blog ALL THE TIME now! lol!

3:07 PM  
Blogger basscomm said...

We used to have a huge mimosa tree in our back yard and it was completely awesome... until it got hit by lightning. Then we had another one grow up from its remains... but it died and then fell over a couple of months ago.

I guess what I'm saying is that mimosas are awesome... in other peoples' yards.

3:18 PM  
Blogger EvilDucky77 said...

Mimosas are pretty!

And he's not a poodle, actually, he's a Bichon Frise and he belongs to my parents! They're buddies.

:)

10:20 AM  
Blogger rabidmonkey said...

i think i'd like to have either a japanese maple or a ginko tree. i think flowering trees are really pretty, but they seem to attract bees and such, and i hate bees and such.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home