Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tiny Piney




So, I ended up with a seventh tree. A very small Red Pine. I am now at maximum tree capacity for my yard, even though #7 isn't taking up very much room yet. Don't laugh at him, you'll hurt his feelings! Yes, the grass is taller than him right now, but he's supposed to grow more than 2 feet per year, so lookout, soon he'll be taking over the place. They apparently had little trees for sale at Lowes for Earth Day, and when I bought this tree (several days AFTER earth day) they were all sad and homeless and on sale for fiddy cents. Lord help me if I bought everything I saw that was sad, homeless, or only fifty cents. Sheesh.



In other news. . .a friendly neighborhood mourning dove has decided to nest in a hanging basket I just planted about $9 worth of flowers in. Luckily for her I won't water her eggs. Unfortunately my flowers will die. Oh well. Baby birdies soon, yay! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

OMG, piney is SO CUTE!!

7:02 PM  
Blogger bibliophile81 said...

I love the turtle dove picture!

When the flowers start to die, she's gonna be like "Landlady sure don't be keepin' the place up!"

8:01 PM  
Blogger rabidmonkey said...

our dove beat us to the hanging pot again this year. although, now i'm wondering if us putting flowers in it would discourage her.

they already got big enough to fly away, but she's liable to have another batch; she did last year.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home