Thursday, September 04, 2008

My First Camping Trip

Part 2- "The Horror, the Horror"


The second day of camping started out fine. We had an awesome breakfast, and decided to go hiking in an area we hadn't explored the first afternoon.


We saw a cute froggy.

And a nifty cave type thingy.


And "Anvil Rock"




So, after an hour or two we decided to head back. We had a nice lunch and then sat down to relax for while. Thats when we discovered we had a MAJOR deer tick nymph infestation.

Dude, these bastards are TINY. And VERY difficult to see. And just as dangerous as adult deer ticks. And we were both covered in DOZENS of them! We spent the whole day Saturday de-ticking ourselves and our clothing. It was rather unpleasant. But camping as a whole I'd still say was a positive thing, and I'm excited to go again in October with the Bibliophile and her boyfriend, SnappyJdog and her husband, and Velocibadgergirl and her husband! I've been researching and I'm going to try to find some permethrin to put on my clothes to prevent ticks before the October trip. Bring it on nature! *thumbs nose*

1 Comments:

Blogger norahs1213 said...

For the record, those things creep me the fuck out. I hate ticks. Now I may have nightmares about them :(.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home