Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Brave Sweet Ella


I know there are a lot of really bad, really important things going on in the world, and in people's personal lives. . .war, poverty, and illness to name a few. Compared to all that it may seem trivial, but my dog is having surgery Thursday. So if you would, please keep her in your prayers. It shouldn't be life threatening- she just tore a ligament in her "knee". I say she just tore it, but damn, if I tore a ligment in MY knee it wouldn't be an "oh I just tore it" it would be "OMG, its so horrible! I TORE A LIGAMENT IN MY KNEE! AAAAAHHH!" And I'd probably whine a lot and feel sorry for myself. But Ella hasn't whined. She doesn't feel sorry for herself. She just gets around as best as she can and lives.
It is tough with an animal though. I can't explain to her what is going to happen to her Thursday, or why her leg isn't working right, or why it is bad if she tries to jump up on the couch. . .but she trusts me to take care of her, and I know when I take her in she won't be scared or anything. I will try to not be scared, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danger said...

Poor Ella! I'll think happy thoughts for her. You'll get her through this just fine.

9:40 AM  
Blogger J-Dog said...

Bodhi, Maggie, Keenan, and Morgan send Ella luv!

oh yeah and me too!

:)

11:18 AM  
Blogger teacher incognito said...

tiges and nene send their love too. Dogs is people too!!!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home