Saturday, September 06, 2008

More madeup muffins! weee!

So, the other night me and the Bibliophile made some buttermilk pancakes and we added sliced banana and chopped walnuts and honey (or maple syrup) on top. Ever since then I've been craving banana/walnutty type things. So I made up this muffin recipe to satisfy. . .and boy did it!

Evilducky's Banana Pancake Muffins


1/4 cup milk (I used buttermilk to make it more pancakey-oooh fancy!)

2 medium/large overripe bananas (mashed)

1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup if you want em REAL pancakey. . .but eww, I hate maple!)

3 tbs melter butter (or oil)

1 cup all purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or more all purpose if you don't have any)

3 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)

some ground nutmeg to sprinkle on top (also optional)


Preheat oven to 400. Mix all wet ingredients and then add the dry till just combined (lumps are ok!) Fill greased or paper cup lined muffin tin and bake for 15 or so minutes. Should probably make a dozen but I only got 11 for some reason.


Enjoy! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home