Friday, June 13, 2008

"Beauty in the flesh will continue to rule the world." ~Florenz Ziegfeld

I referred a coworker to my favorite car repair shop this week. They have always treated me honest and fair and I like doing business with them. Anyway, my coworker needed her brakes to be completely redone, and her air conditioning charged. The brake repair ended up being quite expensive, so she decided to hold off on the air conditioning. It turned out the repair shop owner was on vacation this week, and she was dealing with his son who is around our age. When she went to pick up her car yesterday, the son had fixed her air conditioner. . .for FREE. (Also he asked her out for a couple of beers, but she respectfully declined.) Now, I like to think that people who are naturally exceptionally attractive like my co-worker lead lives quite similar to my own. Surely the sidewalk doesn't glisten wherever they step, and the universe bend to their every whim. But apparently sometimes beauty really is power!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home