Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baking Zen




Making the crust.




Prepping the apples.

Ella lusting after sour baking apples.


Ella enjoying eating baking apples. (weirdo!)


Now it just needs some topping. . .

Ready for the oven! 40 minutes later. . .



Oooh, aahhh!

I am not normally one to lust after fruit pies. I don't go out of my way to make them or buy them generally. This pie may have changed my mind. It was leaps and bounds better than any store bought pie I'd ever had, or even any home made apple pie I'd eaten. Part of it is probably my special crust. I did not use the crust recipe listed. I used my own personal favorite. I'm not a big fan of crust, so the struesel topping instead of a top crust really helped too. I usually prefer a fruit crumble or fruit crisp to a fruit pie. Anyway, perhaps more piebaking is my my future. Any suggestions for pie types/flavors? :)

4 Comments:

Blogger basscomm said...

Yum, pie!

3:31 PM  
Blogger teacher incognito said...

Need any help devouring it?

7:31 AM  
Blogger eatme_delicious said...

Yum looks great! Glad you liked it. =)

8:34 AM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

This all looks delicious, but my favorite photo is the one of Ella and her ridiculously cute ears enjoying a piece of apple :D

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home